Acupuncture is a treatment derived from ancient Chinese medicine. Fine needles are inserted at certain sites in the body for therapeutic or preventative purposes.
Stimulating acupuncture points improves blood circulation, speeds up biological regeneration and benefits the functioning of various internal organs.
Acupuncture is used to relieve discomfort associated with a variety of diseases and conditions, including:
- Muscle and skeleton conditions like stiffness, tension, pain, weakness of spine, shoulders, joints, backache, carpal tunnel syndrome
- Women's health: painful, irregular menstruation, PMS, bloating, water retention, hormonal disturbances, menopause, infertility, miscarriages, ailments in pregnancy like morning sickness, backache, leg oedemas
- Difficult digestion, bloating, constipation, diarrhoea, heartburn, glucose intolerance, pre-diabetes, fatty liver, inflammation of bowels (Crohn, colitis ulcerosa)
- Neurological: trigeminal neuralgia, Bell's Palsy, migraine and headache, dizziness, epilepsy
- Circulatory: high and low blood pressure, fast, slow, irregular heartbeat
- Respiratory: dyspnoea, infections, weak immunity, asthma, COPD
- Skin diseases and allergies
- Emotional: stress, chronic fatigue syndrome, depression, anxiety, insomnia (difficult to fall asleep, easy waking up)